Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ferry Ultra feat Roy Ayers- Dangerous Vibes (Dangerous Jazz)


Peppermint Jam - 1997

My homie Rosie called me yesterday and said that he was listening to a house mixtape I made in '97 and there was some song with a dude talkin about vibes on it that was crazy hot. It could only be one song. I first heard this on Boo Williams "Strictly Jazz Unit" mix from the same year. Me and the homies were buggin out on how dope it was. So funky, so jazzy. The "dude" on it is no other than Roy Ayers narrating his way through this Mousse T produced jazzy house number. On it he claims to have not felt so funky since "Runnin' Away"! Wow! Big statement. I will say that his vibe solo on this can stand up there with the one from said classic jam.

Ferry Ultra feat Roy Ayers- Dangerous Vibes (Dangerous Jazz)

No comments: